School Improvement Priorities
Below you will find a summary of this year's strategic school improvement plan. This document outlines the key areas for development that the school is working on this year. Please be aware that this is a summary document and not the full plan.
Key Improvements 2018-2020: English
- To embed and further develop the skills-based reading approach and ensure new staff are trained
- To improve fluency in reading through direct teaching of it as a skill
- Improve standards in spelling through devising and implementing a consistent whole-school approach to spelling
- Update key texts for our text-rich curriculum to ensure consistent high quality throughout the school
- To revisit English curriculum map and clarifying expectations
- To continue to promote reading for pleasure.
Key Improvements 2018-2020: Teaching
Maintain and improve daily classroom practice and pupil outcomes
- Ensure that all classrooms, classroom routines and playtimes and lunchtimes reflect the highest expectations for teaching and learning and pupil satisfaction and safeguarding
Overall success criteria
Key Improvements 2018-2020: Mathematics
- To develop the instant recall and application of times tables so that children are best prepared for upcoming times table tests (compulsory in 2020)
- To develop a mastery style mathematics curriculum with appropriate differentiation for teaching and learning at a greater depth level.
Key Improvements 2018-2020: Attachment
- To ameliorate the problem of learning barriers arising from attachment problems
Key Improvements 2018-2020: Governors
- To recalibrate the structure and working practices of the governing body to continue to build on the Ofsted outstanding judgement